Founded in 1991, Western Caspian University is the first private higher education institutions established in Azerbaijan.
The University became a member of several significant institutions, including the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – UNESCO (1992); the European Development Fund (EDF) (the European Centre for Development Policy Management - ECDPM) (1996); The Black Sea Universities Network (BSUN, 1999); The International Institute of Administrative Sciences (IIAS, 2000), and The European Association for Tourism and Leisure Education (ATLAS). Western Caspian University maintains close co-operation with many authoritative international educational institutions.
According to various reviews, Western Caspian University takes the first place among the ten best universities established in this emerging area. Founding of this institution was influenced by the socio-political and economic processes passing in Eastern Europe and the CIS area after the collapse of the USSR in 1991.
University objectives are to create perfect educational atmosphere for internationally minded and globally recognized training, as well as to prepare students for achieving systematic success in their future career at global and international levels. To the present date, Western Caspian University has participated in several international programs and projects through which it has widened its academic activity, strengthened its position in the world of education and created a favourable atmosphere for its future development.
- Serve the community through ensuring higher education and scientific research at the highest international levels.
- Create the best educational environment for students.
- Strengthen its position and international authority as a leading University of Azerbaijan.
- Increase a number of agreements with international partners and to extend its educational activity.
- Continue to establish a universally recognized, perfect educational atmosphere at an international level, for global cooperation.
- Train graduates to develop perfect labour skills, to meet high standards in personal and professional aspects.
- Maintain its position as an encouraging and stimulating power for conducting scientific research.
- Seek to be progressive and not fall behind international educational trends.
- Contribute to the economic, social and political development of Azerbaijan by training students to become graduate specialists who will satisfy the needs of country.