Corporate Social Responsibility
Western Caspian University’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives reflect our commitment to operate in a sustainable and socially responsible environment. Being a good corporate citizen and playing a pivotal role in the society is of utmost importance to the University. We aim to pursue our economic, environmental and social goals as one complement. Our research, teaching and other activities are guided by our commitment to environmental sustainability. Our processes balance efficiency with opportunities to create both social and environmental benefits for the university and society.
From continuously refining our student's educational experience to constantly considering the effect of our activities on the local community, we strive to improve our corporate social performance across all aspects of the University. Social responsibility describes the way Western Caspian University is making a difference in the social and economic well-being of our communities through our teaching, research, and public events and activities.
Corporate Social activities that the University and its students have engaged in include:
- Visits to orphanages and care homes as well as volunteering in orphanages;
- Active participation in City Cleaning campaigns;
- Planting trees and cleaning the Caspian seaside under the “Care about the Environment Initiative”;
- The University has also been proactively seeking ways to improve the entrepreneurial skills and knowledge of the population in rural areas to boost the economic development of Azerbaijan. In the frame of a partnership project with Nottingham Trent University, the Faculty of Business Administration has provided a number of training courses on “Entrepreneurial and Business Management Skills” to help small business in rural parts of Azerbaijan.
- As a participant in law clinic initatives, Western Caspian University has acquired great expertise in working with the public on legal matters.
Additionally, Western Caspian University's Subsidiary farming and Experimental, Gardening and Landscape grounds of Human Developments Centers provide its own students and university staff with fresh and seasonal goods coming from the university’s own farm where vegetables are cultivated in an environmentally friendly manner. Annual food supply reaches to 5 tons of vegetables,fruits, and greens. Thanks to this activity of the university, students and staff are welcomed with affordable and varied products in the university canteens. Dining options for vegetarians and vegans.