School of Design
The profession of a designer is one of the most sought-after in modern times. The scope of the course is rather diverse and the designer's work is multidimensional. The designer can work internationally with the knowledge and skills gained at WCU. Generally, the salary in this field is quite lucrative. Designers are able to plan projects with different methods of graphic modeling, able to solve issues pragmatically, and have creative thinking ability to express their opinions. All these skills are polished at WCU.
The School of Design has been operating since 1996. The mission of the school is to train specialists with global thinking and necessary professional competencies. We provide students with the knowledge and skills that meet the needs of modern society and support future professionals to solve artistic issues. In order to implement the program, the school has a creative workshop center with new equipment and materials: machine tools for metal and wood processing, 3D printers, etc. Computer classes have been upgraded with modern software.
The school offers students new conceptualizations of training with an integrative system for mastering all aspects of artistic creativity using modern information technology along with traditional teaching of all disciplines. Through this approach, architectural-design students are orientated to use all graphic culture capabilities and use the latest design methods. The school provides students with an opportunity to participate in international student exchange programs such as Erasmus Mundus, Mevlana, etc.
Forms of teaching
- Traditional education on the bachelor’s, master’s & doctorate level in the standards defined by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Three-year secondary education programs developed by leading university teachers
- Curriculum for individual graphics for working students. In contrast to the form of correspondence, students are involved in a specially crafted learning process and are provided with electronic material in the form of theoretical material, illustrations and practical exercises, in addition to exercises for free work
- Students have an opportunity to communicate with the teacher via e-mail at specified times or through apps such as Skype, WhatsApp, etc.
Advantages of Education at WCU
- Highly qualified teachers with comprehensive academic and practical experience
- Small groups
- Individual approach, one-to-one attention for students
- All necessary supplies
- Availability of modern library of electronic and paper carriers
- Modern classrooms, auditoriums, computer classes provided with graphic programs
- Unparalleled, state-of-the-art workshops with visual supplies.
The faculty has selected, organized and designed specific courses to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge for a highly successful career.
Address: 17A, Ahmad Rajabli Street, III Parallel, Baku, Azerbaijan
Phone: +994 12 565 39 74
- Parvana Aliyeva - member of Azerb. Union of Architects, Head of the design department
- Elchin Aliyev - PhD S of A Prof, member of Az. Union of Architects and designers
- Elnur Rasulov - member of Azerb. Union of Artists
- Gulrana Mirza - PhD S of A, assoc. Prof.
- Eynulla Maksimov - member of Azerb. Union of Artists
- Yevgeniya Ashurli - Assoc. Prof., member of Azerb. Union of Designers
- Afrasiyab Mammadov - Assoc.Prof.
- Sevil Sadikhova - s.ü.e.d., Prof.
- Zumrud Aliyeva -
- Maryam Valikhanova -
- Aysel Badalova -
- Gizgayit Guliyeva -