Duration of studies: 4 years
Type of study: full-time
Tuition and discounts: PDF_file >
Study languages: Azerbaijani, Russian and English
The purpose of the Ecology programme is to train high-level specialists in the field of ecology. As per curriculum requirements students develop a new technosphere, evaluate technical innovations at the socio-ecological level, determine their compliance with the laws of the biosphere, study the universe, use theoretical and experimental methods in physics, fundamental constants in natural sciences, and the principles of symmetry and energy conservation. They will learn methods for chemical determination of substances. Students will be able to simultaneously implement project documents and schedules, apply rules of design to technical schemes and drawings, using modern programmes, classify wastes from petrochemical production, have detailed knowledge of the creation of closed water supply systems, environmental protection, neutralisation of gas emissions, efficient use of resources principles, ecological expertise, etc.
Mobile ecological and geomatics laboratories have been established for students' internships. The laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Gain practical skills in physics and chemistry
- Gain basic knowledge of fundamental sections of mathematics to apply the mathematical methods of ecological science required during the development and analysis of ecological data
- Achieve a sufficient knowledge of physics, chemistry and biology to master the physical, chemical and biological aspects of ecology
- Master the methods of chemical and ecological analysis, as well as the methods required for geographical and biological analysis, identification and description of biodiversity
- Ability to use information technology in the workplace.
Graduates work in private organisations, companies, public institutions, research institutes, laboratories, universities and centres that require in-depth environmental knowledge, or specialise in innovation and other general competencies.