Programme: Information Security
Duration of studies: 4 years
Type of study: full-time / part-time
Tuition and discounts: PDF_file >
Study languages: Azerbaijani, Russian and English
Information security is a set of methods, production processes and hardware/software tools that regulate the use of information resources, ensure the collection, processing, storage, and transmission and integration of information in a technological chain in order to increase their reliability and efficiency.
Students learn modern programming languages, computer networks, system programming, data structure and database systems, computer and computing system architecture, etc. These enable them to apply traditional and modern techniques in the design and development of complex systems to develop management systems. Students also learn to develop and implement algorithms in modern software systems, analysis and design of digital systems, object-oriented programming and intelligent systems.
In today’s world, information technologies and systems are widely used in all areas across the private and public sectors. Large organisations use systems equipped with information technology to carry out their day-to-day work electronically.
- Communication skills in at least one foreign language in the specialty
- Ability to use Information Technology as required
- Ability to plan and organise professional activities, improve future education and existing skills, manage time and complete assignments on time
- Foster social and environmental responsibility for activities, as well as civic awareness an ethical approach, and the ability to prioritise quality
- Participate in the formation of information security policy as a technical specialist, organise and support the implementation of comprehensive measures to ensure information security, manage the process of implementation of same.
Information Security graduates can work in IT companies, banking systems, personal information, data security, detection and prevention of cyber-attacks, creating a secure information environment across the country and developing a user culture in all industries.