Systematic analysis, management and information processing
Ph.D. in Systematic Analysis, Management & Information Processing.
Elements of the program include:
- Decomposition & Synthesis of Objects of Systematic Analysis
- Algorithmization of Decomposition Process
- Types of Aggregation
- Basic Issues of Mathematical Statistics
- Establishment of Point Estimation & Confidence Interval
- Differentiation of Statistical Hypotheses
- Algorithmic Issues in Graphs & Drawings
- Finite Vending Machines & Automatic Transmission
- Information Theory
- The Concept of Information
- Entropy- Conventional Entropy, Coding, Optimal Coding & Linear Codes
- Key Concepts, Essence, Indicators & Criteria of Management
- Management Objects, Purpose & Functions of Management
- Decision Making in Management, Management Systems & their Structure
- Mathematical Methods used in Management, Optimization Issues.
Ph.D. students participate in various scientific conferences and symposiums to exchange research results. Besides the theoretical and methodological basis of the thesis, Ph.D. students possess expert knowledge in modern standards that enables them to understand the contributions of others to science and to freely conduct independent scientific work at an advanced stage. Ph.D. students are provided personalized training programs for research projects.
WCU pays special attention to international cooperation in order to improve knowledge and share experiences. Experts from various fields are regularly invited. Some of our previous speakers include Colin Love from the UK, Randall Baker and Rise Kelsey from the US, Ross Douglas from Canada, and Emmanuel Arcon and Martinez Cristobal from Spain. Moreover, WCU offers Ph.D. students the opportunity to participate in the Erasmus Mundus program to improve their research skills and gain international experience.
Participation in the program and future perspectives
The Ph.D. program is offered to graduates with a master’s degree. The Ph.D. in Systematic Analysis, Management & Information Processing is intended for Ph.D. candidates who wish to earn the required qualifications as business analysts, designers, architects, or copywriters to work in local universities and in other research institutions in Azerbaijan and abroad.