Western Caspian University now offers a Ph.D. in General Economics.
Focus of the programme:
- Regulation of Problems at National, Regional and Global Levels
- Government Agencies, International Governmental and Non-Governmental Organisations
- Key Economic Concepts
- Efficiency Problems
- The Methods of Economic Theory
- History of Economic Theory Development
- Market Economy
- The Economic Role of the State
- Micro Economy
- Prices and Pricing
- Production Costs and Profits
- Labour Market and Salary
- Capital as a Factor in Production
- International Business
- International Economic Relations.
The Ph.D. in General Economics is a high-level programme. Students conduct independent research using formal methods and tools as they apply in the modern economy. They possess expert knowledge in modern finance and financial standards. This enables students to understand the contributions of others to science and to conduct independent scientific work. Students participate in national and University science conferences and symposiums to present their research findings. Our graduates’ research always meets international requirements for submission to high-end scientific journals.
WCU doctoral students participate in the Erasmus Mundus programme to improve their research skills and gain international experience.
Participation in the programme and future perspectives
The Ph.D. programme is offered to graduates with a master’s degree. The programme is intended primarily for those who wish to earn a degree in trade, finance, social, scientific, technical, environmental and global economics for employment in Azerbaijan or abroad.