Western Caspian University offers a PhD program in General Economics.
Focus of the program:
- Regulation of problems at national, regional and global levels
- Government agencies, international governmental and non-governmental organizations
- The most important economic concepts.
- Efficiency problem.
- The method of economic theory.
- History of economic theory development.
- Market economy
- The economic role of the State
- Micro economy
- Prices and pricing
- Production costs and profits.
- Labor market and salary.
- Capital as a factor in production
- International business
- International economic relations
The PhD program in general economics is a high level program. Students conducts independent research ranging from formal methods and tools used in the modern economy to possession of expert knowledge in modern finance and financial standards. This enables students to understand the contributions of others to science and to freely conduct independent scientific work at the next stage. PhD students participate in national and university science conferences and symposiums where they can report on research results. Graduate student research is at a high level which allows for submission of articles to be considered for publication in high-end scientific journals.
Western Caspian University offers doctoral students the opportunity to participate in the Erasmus Mundus program to improve their research and familiarize themselves with international experience.
Participation in the program and future perspectives:
The PhD program is offered to graduates with a master’s degree. The program is intended primarily for those who wish to earn a degree in trade, finance, social, scientific, technical, environmental and global economic fields for employment in Azerbaijan or abroad.