Philology (Azerbaijani language and Literature)
Program: Philology (Azerbaijani language and Literature)
Duration of study: 4 years
Type of study: full-time
Fees for foreign students: 2000 USD
Study languages: Azerbaijani, Russian and English
The purpose of the program is to provide a philological outlook and specialization in the language of the specialty, to master the philological disciplines of the specialty with high quality and to critically judge and perform relevant tasks. Philology covers the linguistic and literary processes of the specialty language in linguistics and literary criticism, as well as the general development trends in these two areas. Salient features of philology, its scientific problems, and its connection with the idea of world philology are reflected. Classes are taught using the best existing textbooks in the country and abroad. Our main goal is to train students to master all the intricacies of philological science in both literature and linguistics.
- To develop basic research skills in philology (specialty language and literature)
- In-depth study of the language of the specialty in terms of its various aspects and functional styles
- To develop knowledge and critical thinking about fundamental concepts of linguistics and literary criticism
- To have a detailed knowledge of the specifics, essence and functions of language
- To master general methods and techniques applied in the field of linguistics and apply them to small-scale research
- Knowledge of the history of linguistics, its development, current status and future prospects.
Graduates who successfully complete the program can work as philologists/consultants in government agencies, local self-governing bodies and various institutions regardless of the form of ownership. In addition, graduates can work as specialists/consultants in any field, organization, department, enterprise, association, institution, ministry or committee, as well as in agencies and research/think tanks regardless of their affiliation.