Philology (Azerbaijani language and Literature)
Program: Philology (Azerbaijani language and Literature)
Duration of study: 4 years
Type of study: full-time
Fees for foreign students: 2000 USD
Study languages: Azerbaijani, Russian and English
The purpose of the program is to provide a philological outlook and specialization in the language of the specialty; to provide knowledge to hold a bachelor's degree in philology in private or public institutions, as well as to master the philological disciplines of the specialty with high quality, to form the ability to critically judge and to perform various tasks. The specialty of philology covers the linguistic and literary processes of the specialty language in linguistics and literary criticism, as well as the general development trends in these two areas. Here the features of philology, its scientific problems, its connection with the idea of world philology are reflected. This specialty instills in students the knowledge of philology. Classes are taught using the potential of existing textbooks in the country and abroad. Our main goal is to train human resources that master all the intricacies of philological science in both literature and linguistics.
- To have basic research skills in the field of philology (specialty language and literature);
- In-depth study of the language of the specialty in terms of its various aspects and functional styles;
- To develop knowledge and critical thinking about fundamental concepts in the field of linguistics and literary criticism;
- To have a detailed knowledge of the specifics, essence and functions of language;
- To master general methods and techniques applied in the field of linguistics and be able to apply them in small-scale research;
- Knowledge of the history of linguistics, its development, current status and future prospects.
Graduates who successfully complete the program can work as philologists / consultants in government agencies, local self-government bodies and various institutions, regardless of the form of ownership. In addition, graduates can work as specialists / consultants in any field, organization, department, enterprise, association, institution, ministry and committee, as well as in agencies and research / think tanks, regardless of their affiliation.