Philology (English language and Literature)
Program: Philology (English language and Literature)
Duration of studies: 4 years
Type of study: full-time
Fees for foreign students: 2500 USD
Study languages: Azerbaijani, Russian and English
The Bachelor in Philology covers phonetics, grammar, etymology, lexicology, communication and literature. Students achieve fluency in expressing their thoughts in written and spoken English. Special attention is paid to study of linguistics, literary criticism and different periods of British, American and World literature.
Upon successfully completing the program, students pursue careers as teachers in state and private higher education institutions, international organizations, as technical writers and editors.
- To develop basic research skills in philology (specialty language and literature)
- In-depth study of the language of the specialty in terms of its various aspects and functional styles
- To develop knowledge and critical thinking about fundamental concepts of linguistics and literary criticism
- To have a detailed knowledge of the specifics, essence and functions of language
- To master general methods and techniques applied in the field of linguistics and apply them to small-scale research
- Knowledge of the history of linguistics, its development, current status and future prospects.
Graduates who successfully complete the program can work as philologists/consultants in government agencies, local self-governing bodies and various institutions regardless of the form of ownership. In addition, graduates can work as specialists/consultants in any field, organization, department, enterprise, association, institution, ministry or committee, as well as in agencies and research/think tanks regardless of their affiliation.