School of Philology and Translation
The School of Philology and Translation was founded in 1996 as the Faculty of Western Languages.
The mission of the School of Philology and Translation is to train highly qualified philologists. In order to do so, the school applies the Anglo-American educational system based on Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes. Our courses on language and literature are conducted in accordance with internationally recognized didactic standards and methods. The school is equipped with modern language laboratories that allow for an interactive and goal-oriented teaching process. The graduates from our school are experts in the fields of Azerbaijani and foreign languages, in Azerbaijani, English and world literatures, and they enter the labour market as professional translators and interpreters.
There are 8 languages that can be studied at the School of Philology and Translation: English, Azerbaijani, Russian, German, French, Latin, Chinese and Spanish. In order to improve the students’ foreign language skills, the school invites experts and professionals from countries such as the US, the UK, Canada and Germany. With the aim of enhancing both their intercultural competency and their opportunities in the (national and international) labour market, students are also encouraged to participate in several international exchange programmes (Erasmus, Mevlana).
Address: 31, Istiglaliyyat Street, Baku, Azerbaijan
Phone: +994 12 492 74 18
Fax:+994 12 492 67 01
- Department of Azerbaijani language and literature
- Department of Translation
- Department of English language and literature
- Adila Asadova - PhD. Philology, Assoc. Prof., Head of the department of Azerbaijani language and literature
- Tahira Aliyeva - PhD. Assos. Head of English and Translation Department
- Islam Garibov - PhD Prof
- Shahin Khalilli - PhD Phil. Prof.
- Azad Mammadov - PhD Phil. Prof
- Chingiz Garasharli - PhD Phil. Prof
- Mahmud Allahmanov - PhD Phil.
- Asif Hajiyev - PhD Phil.
- Asgar Zeynalov - PhD Phil.
- Naila Sadigova - PhD Phil.
- Rafiq Novruzov - PhD Phil.
- Kamala Jafarova - PhD Philology Assoc. Prof.
- Nurida Novruzova - PhD. Phil., Assos. Prof.
- Saadat Shikhiyeva - PhD Phil. assos. Prof
- Alla Bayramova - PhD AS Assoc. Prof.
- Tamam Ismayilova - Doctoral
- Ruhiyya Nagiyeva - PhD. Philology
- Vusal Karimli - PhD in Pedagogy
- Nahida Hasanova - PhD Philology
- Ulviya Allazova - PhD Phil.
- Ihama Aghazade - PhD Philology
- Nurana Nuriyeva - PhD Phil
- Javahir Yagubova - PhD Phil.
- Solmaz Alasgarova - Doctoral (WCU)
- Nigar Safarova - Doctoral
- Leyla Sharifova - Doctoral
- Turkana Ibrahimova - WCU doctoral
- Gulnar Gahramanova -
- Saida Mammadova -
- Samid Suleymanov -
- Parvin Zeynalova -
- Shabnam Ismayilova -
- Billura Tahirzade -
- Firuza Nasibzade -
- Leyla Majidova -
- Leyla Qarayeva -
- Fidan Majidova -
- Mirsakina Ismayilova -
- Zahra Mursalova -
- Ilaha Huseynova -
- Aygun Samadzade -
- Shafag Abdullayeva -
- Aygul Khalilova -
- Nargiz Gasimova -
- Ulker Allahverdiyeva -
- Jala Ganiyeva - Doctoral
- Mehri Zahidova -
- Aida Mirzayeva -
- Gunay Valibeyli -
- Said Nakhchivani -
- Jala Garibova - PhD Phil.
- Safura Isayeva -
- Aynur Rzayeva -
- Sadagat Salimova - PhD. Assos
- Leyla Mammadova -
- Lyudmila Mehdiyeva -
- Liu Rui -
- Liu Keke -
- Natavan Kamilova -
- Naila Ismayilova -
- Izdag Ahmadkhanova -
- Olga Zakharova -
- Kubra Abilova -
- Aynur Gasimova -
- Philology (Azerbaijani language and Literature)
- Philology (English language and Literature)
- Translation (English, German, French, Chinese)