Distance and Additional Education Centre
The WCU Centre for Distance c Further Education covers various higher education programmes, (bachelor’s, advanced training, additional education, continuing education, online courses, etc.) within the higher education institution.
The Distance and Further Education Centre operates in accordance with the Education Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan, other legislative acts adopted in the Republic of Azerbaijan connected to distance education, the charter of the Western Caspian University and to the ‘rules for the content, organisation of additional education and issuance of relevant documents to persons trained in any area of additional education’.
Main functions of the centre:
· To provide means for organising active teaching processes in distance learning programmes based on information and communication technologies at the Centre
· To control the quality of organised lessons
· To organise and provide a system of classes in accordance with the approved programme
· To conduct examinations at the end of the semester
· Organise the involvement of foreign experts in the centre
· To study international best practices in accordance with the activities of the Centre in the context of integration into European educational standards
· To cooperate with international organisations and organise events at the Centre
· To exchange experience and training
· To organise and implement joint projects
· To organise certification programmes, training courses and trainings in various fields
· To cooperate with international higher education institutions in the field of distance and additional forms of education
· To issue state standard diplomas, certificates and other documents to students fulfilling their academic and other liabilities.
Banovsha Aliyeva: Banovsha@wu.edu.az
Address: Azerbaijan, Baku, Ahmad Rajabli Street, III Parallel, 17A
Phone: +994 12 565 39 77