Programme: Legal Psychology
Duration: 2 years
Education Form: Full-time
Fees for students: PDF >
Training language: English, Azerbaijani and Russian
The master's degree in Legal Psychology thoroughly explores the theories, psychological methods and empirical studies relevant to the area. Comprehensive psychological analysis of criminal behaviour is one of the theoretical and practical issues of studying the psychological features of a perpetrator and the information gained from his/her personality.
Students have a clear understanding of the importance of legal psychology as we add complex, multidimensional stories about the features of other participants in procedural activities, clarifying the psychological basis of separate investigations and trials, and the analysis of ways to rehabilitate the prisoner.
Students must master the following professional skills in research:
· Reference to fundamental scientific knowledge, developing methodological bases of research
· Define the subject, purpose, position and assumption of the research
· Use mathematical-statistical methods
· Use modern computer programmes and electronic libraries
· Conduct scientific research work
· Analyse and present the results of scientific research (to their supervisor)
· Know the rules of writing and diagramming scientific articles.
Students will have in-depth knowledge of theoretical principles and research methods. They are prepared for research and pedagogical activity that require professional training, and solve complex, unexpected issues arising within professional activities.
Master’s students must pass the scientific-pedagogical internship and defend their thesis for a master's degree. Upon successfully completing the programme, students may seek careers in psychological centres, educational centres, forensic-psychological examination, and/or correctional institutions.