Goal 6 : Clean Water and Sanitation
"Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all"
7 modules have intended learning outcomes directly relating to this goal, and 300 students have the opportunity to choose these modules.
What we’re doing
Clean Water and Sanitation is one of the most significant issues of our Earth. We as the University also have concerns. Every academic year, seven educational teaching modules are held on this matter within our bachelor degree program “Water Bio resources and Aquatic Plants”.
Our Caspian Sea Problems Center basic research and applied scientific research focused on gaining new knowledge of biology and ecology of the Caspian Sea and inland waters.
Research themes include:
- Examines of flora and fauna of the Caspian Sea and its basin;
- Fluctuations in sea level;
- Study of seabed relief;
- Meteorological, hydrological, hydro-physical research of the Caspian Sea Basin;
- Atmospheric air quality research. Quantitative studies of some gases as an indicator of its pollution;
- Research on the measurement of gamma radiation background of the Caspian Sea.
Moreover, we host webinars and seminars for our students and for the public in order to increase awareness about clean water and sanitation and most importantly to decrease water consumption.
Follow our Instructions: Water usage instructions
These faculties have courses/modules related to the goal