Goal 17 : Partnerships For The Goals
“Revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development”
We provide 25 modules in bachelor and master programs where our local and foreign educators provide high quality education with very modern curriculum and 2200 students have the opportunity to choose these modules. During these programs we aim to enhance our students’ theoretical knowledge within classrooms and increase practical skills on the field.
What we are doing
As one of the first Azerbaijani institutions to embrace the SDGs strategically and to develop rigorous mapping of our activities. The University has run several webinars and sector workshops to assist other Higher Education (HE) institutions in their SDG journeys.
WCU and International Energy Charter
Conferences on raising awareness and taking actions
The University hosted and joined events and conferences.
The themes were "Democracy, Borders and Public/Political Engagement: Challenges for Environmental Communication” and brought together leading environmental communication scholars and practitioners from around the world for presentations and discussions about how best to address the key challenges facing the environment and environmental communication in these times of rapidly shifting political landscapes.
- UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- International Energy Charter.
- Contract on cooperation in the provision of training services between the Agency for Quality Assurance in Education and the Western Caspian University
- Membership and webinar with the prestigious AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accreditation organization, which carries out the process of accreditation of business schools of the Business School of the Western Caspian University.
- Romualdo Del Bianco® Foundation and Life Beyond Tourism Movement
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- SDG Academy
- Principles for Responsible Management Education
- European Philosophy of Science Association (EPSA)
- The Political Studies Association (PSA)
- The Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA)
- Membership in the UN Academic Impact Network
- Memo Q
- Energy of the Future week
- Changemaker virtual project on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Start-up projects financing methods
- Conference on new directions of agricultural development and environmental protection
- Webinar on "Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability"
- Webinar by a Cambridge University professor on “Some applications of mathematics to biology”
- Prof. Filiz Katman's webinar on "Geopolitics of Renewable Energy Resources"
- Webinar on "Combating human trafficking and labour crimes"
- International event on "Education Transformation" hosted by “Times Higher Education” and Western Caspian University
- Bill Firm's webinar on "Language Policy and Processes in the Post-Soviet Space; The Case of Kazakhstan"
- Webinar on “Healthy eating and food safety” jointly organized by Turkish Food Safety Public Union and Youth Contribution Public Union
- Cooperation with Azerbaijan Professional Financial Managers Association and online labor fair
- Irish expert and lecturer Mike Maunsel's webinar on "The Importance of Communication Skills in the Labour Market for Graduates"
- Professor of Binus University, Indonesia - Dr Respati Wulandari's webinar on "Multiculturalism"
- Webinar on "Business Lobbying" by German expert Stefan Kagebei
- Webinar on "Atmospheric pollution and ways to prevent it."
- Webinar on "Gender and Development" co-organized by BINUS University of Indonesia
- Webinar on "The state of international tourism during the global pandemic" by German expert Heike Maria Johenning
- Seminar on "Diagnosis and evaluation of student's academic achievements" with the participation of Professor Olgun Cicek
- Master class organized by “Times Higher Education” on corporate reputation
- German Professor Timo Ulrich's webinar on Covid-19
- Participation in a webinar on "Transformational Innovation and SDG12 Cooperation: Responsible Consumption and Production in Universities" organized by the International Association of Universities
- Webinar on climate change organized by the British Council
- Participation in a Workshop on Political Economy, Cultural Economics and Gender organized by CEPR and The ENS de Lyon
- Participation in the European University Summit organized by “Times Higher Education” in a webinar on the internationalization of European higher education, changes in higher education after the pandemic, future trends in student employment
- Participation in a master class on the 2021 rankings of Russia and the CIS countries, organized by the Times Higher Education Impact Ranking
- Participation in the webinar "We are Nature: mountain women protect the world collectively" dedicated to the Earth Day, organized by the European International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA), Institute for the Study of Mountain Cultures and Landscapes
- Webinar on Erasmus + educational program
- Webinar on "Drug addiction, its psychological causes and the work to be done in educational institutions."
- Participation in a webinar on the Global Student Forum organized by Magna Charta University
- Participation in the International Summit "Global Cooperation in the Next Decade" organized by the University of Denvel, USA
- Participation in an event called "Hydrogen, Solar, Wind: Which Can Make the Best Contribution to Europe's Energy Transformation?" organized by The European Union
- Webinar on "Genetic diseases"
- Participation in the Learning and Teaching Forum organized by the European University Association
- Free course opportunity for 138 courses on the edX platform for our students and teachers
- European University Association webinar on "Universities in changing international relations
- The 4th Annual Convention of AESC on Caucasus and Europe Crossroads: The Growing Importance of Caspian Sea,Innovative Education in WCU;
- The International Conference Mountains: Cultures, Landscapes, and Biodiversity;
- Multidisciplinary International Conference Pontokaspi and Caucasus Region: Changes in the Connection and Isolation of Ecosystems,Phylogeny, Geology, Ecology and Geograph;
- Open Virtual Meeting of the IAEG-SDGs;
- The SU Global Community, Monitoring activities and initiatives of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Sustainable Development Agenda 2030;
- Virtual Student Success Forum 2020.
- Monitoring activities and initiatives of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the Sustainable Development Agenda 2030" as organized by the United Nations. open meeting.
- International Conference on Post Pandemic Ecological Sustainability: Challenges and Role of IT organized by Virtual University of Pakistan.
- Geneva Trade Week digital conference
- Virtual World Academic Summit
Courses/modules related to the goal